I've been thinking, while I'm doing commission work and not drawing as much fun stuff, why not do something more writing-based and fun?
Enter... Murder Club.
I'd like to host a fun little series of events (with as many people who sign up) full of murder mysteries. The emphasis is on good character-based fun, with no gore at all. Classic mysteries with OCs from anyone who's interested all competing to solve the mystery first!
Here are the rules of the game:
* I will post a piece of writing with MURDER CLUB in the title, it will explain the situation in story form. In the comments, I will list the places
you can investigate and the people
you can talk to to gain evidence
and build a case.
* Through Notes, each member of the Murder Club with go to places and receive written descriptions of each room they investigate, with key areas (beds, cabinets, wardrobes, etc) written in bold for further investigation. I will never withhold information from my dear members but some members might have keener eyes than others...
* Through Notes, each member of the Murder Club will ask questions to the available suspects and witnesses. I will provide all the subjects you will need to cover, so you never need to worry about what to ask, but some members might notice facial ticks and speech patterns better than others...
* Each member is responsible for their own evidence.
* There will be a time limit to solve the case and at the end of the time limit, members of the Murder Club will receive Notes featuring a questionnaire about the case, that they will be scored on.
* After all the questions have all been answered, the members of the Murder Club will receive all of the answers and the member who scored highest on the questionnaire will be revealed.
* The three members who got the lowest score on the questionnaire will receive black roses during dinner. One of them will be the victim on the next murder case.
* After the case has been wrapped up and the dust has settled, I will post a new piece of writing with a new murder. The victim will be the member of the Murder Club who scored the lowest on the questionnaire.
* One last thing, each member will have 1 Sabotage Card
. This is a special item that is expendable, it can be played on a single piece of evidence to destroy it and any objects (cupboards, bottles, trapdoors, etc.) related to it. Any member that attempts to investigate the evidence/object will be noticed that "a Sabotage was performed rendering it unreadable". All saboteurs will be revealed in the final wrap-up for each case.
The idea of this is to be easy-going and fun. So deadlines will be long and effort required will be minimal. No drawing is required but it is more than welcome if you'd like to draw stuff.
Want to sign up? Here's what you need:
* A character
Can be a previous character, can be a completely new one -- has to be yours.
* A strength
Something that will be unique to your character that might help in the cases -- not something game-breaking. Here are some suggestions (good at spotting liars, keen-eyed, good at analysing substances, fingerprint enthusiast, etc.)
* A weakness
Something that will be unique to your character that might hinder in the cases -- not something bizarre or useless. Here are some suggestions (fear of dark, bad memory, clumsy, bad at recognizing details, illiterate, etc)
That's it. Just comment with those detail and I'll add you to the members list below:Murder Club member roster:
* Simon Banks (miran-hijiri
* Kentan (CharlaP
* Austin Rindee (gaypurpledinosaur
Sign up, if you'd like to join the Murder Club.
Deadline for sign-ups: May 1st
The First Murder: May 4th
Any questions? Feel free to comment.